I wanted more than this provincial life.Jessie
There’s a new leading lady in town and she’s totally, !@c#ing ancient – Jacinta has one, maybe two decent years left to shine like the tarnished star she is… I had to do finger calisthenics before I could type out her age… FORTY… I may regurgitate… Just Joking people! I only thought forty was old until I turned thirty, and then when I reached my forties I remind myself that I’m still younger than my mother…
What’s to love about Breene’s new Leveling Up series:
- A Beauty and the Beast reference… sigh… best tale ever!
- The leading lady is a geriatric bada$$ (okay, okay, she’s just 40)
- Jessie could handily pull off improv after wine tastings… easily…
- Mature (slightly drunk) single women can tap the brakes when staring at a man buffet of hotness – ahhhh, growing up… maybe not as much fun at the moment but a whole heck of a lot less embarrassing the morning after
- Man midlifers should take a page from Austin’s notebook of how to be Even Manlier with age
- Confirmed: Parenting… one of the hardest and least appreciated jobs
- When a books’ cast of MCs are a month or two from walkers but you realize that witty retorts and day drinking are wasted on the young… Hallelujah!!!
- Houses can and will be used against you
- Gargoyle begonias – 🤢 (Dad begonias will NOT be discussed)
Leveling Up is a brilliantly written, fresh new series that the world didn’t even know it needed! Two decisive fist pumps for magical midlifers!!!
*Note – Without ruining anything for those that are waiting for some unknown reason to read this book… If offered a fountain of youth I’d take it and run straight away to a mirror. Hey! I’m crushing the honesty thing in my midlife❤
I hope my subscribers give MMM a go! If you would like to order your copy the Amazon link is below as well as the preorder link for Magical Midlife Dating coming August 19 and remember, if you would like to receive an email when I post new reviews, Subscribe Now!